By Jeffrey L Cummings, Serge Gauthier
Given the improvement of recent healing concepts and items, Serge Gauthier and Jeffrey Cummings have compiled an inventory of latest subject matters that allows you to be of curiosity essentially to neurologists targeting Alzheimer's illness, and in addition to psychiatrists and geriatricians. The individuals, all revered of their subspecialties, have written updated, comprehensively referenced chapters which should offer suggestions in addition to stimulate dialogue on the place present remedy is heading.
Read or Download Alzheimer's disease and related disorders annual, 2002 PDF
Best geriatrics books
Individuals are residing longer, and the elder inhabitants is starting to be better. to fulfill the continuing desire for caliber info on elder healthiness, this publication combines a number of views to provide readers a extra exact and entire photo of the getting older strategy. The booklet takes a biopsychosocial method of the complexities of its topic, and all chapters and entries comprise references and source lists.
''Providing a realistic, updated reference in Geriatric medication, Hospitalists' advisor to the Care of Older sufferers is the 1st publication written in particular for hospitalists who desire concise, evidence-based details at the important subject of taking care of older hospitalized sufferers. This groundbreaking textual content covers the care of older sufferers, their wishes and vulnerabilities, and the present sanatorium perform atmosphere.
Provided the e-book prize for 2012 through the Australasian magazine on growing old! even if he’s gray round the muzzle, the black puppy of melancholy can nonetheless bring a ferocious chew. melancholy can strike at any age, and it could actually seem for the 1st time as we become old, because of lifestyles situations or our genetic make-up.
This article techniques the care of dementia sufferers through the event of a psychiatrist in addition to a caregiver, supplying a holistic method of care that's not like the other ebook available in the market. Laced together with her reviews from either her expert and private lifestyles, Huffington submit columnist and psychiatrist Dr.
- Neuroimaging Research in Geriatric Mental Health
- Gale Encyclopedia of Senior Health: A Guide for Seniors and Their Caregivers
- Adulthood and Aging: Research on Continuities and Discontinuities
- Practical Geriatric Oncology
- Nephrology and Geriatrics Integrated: Proceedings of the Conference on Integrating Geriatrics into Nephrology held in Jasper, Alberta, Canada, July 31-August 5, 1998
Extra info for Alzheimer's disease and related disorders annual, 2002
Yuan J, Yankner BA. Apoptosis in the nervous system. Nature 2000; 407:802–809. 4. Oppenheim RW. Cell death during development of the nervous system. Annu Rev Neurosci 1991; 14:453–501. 5. Pettmann B, Henderson CE. Neuronal cell death. Neuron 1998; 20:633–647. 6. Wyllie AH, Morris RG, Smith AL, Dunlop D. Chromatin cleavage in apoptosis: association with condensed chromatin morphology and dependence on macromolecular synthesis. J Pathol 1984; 142:67–77. 7. Thornberry NA, Lazebnik Y. Caspases: enemies within.
Ma L, Zablow L, Kandel ER, Siegelbaum SA. Cyclic AMP induces functional presynaptic boutons in hippocampal CA3-CA1 neuronal cultures. Nat Neurosci 1999; 2:24–30. 72. Gonatas NK, Anderson W, Evangelista I. The contribution of altered synapses in the senile plaque: an electron microscopic study in Alzheimer’s dementia. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 1967; 26:25–39. 73. Gonatas NK. Neocortical synapses in a presenile dementia. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 1967; 26: 150–151. 74. Terry RD, Masliah E, Salmon DP et al.
39. Seidl R, Bajo M, Bohm K et al. Neuronal apoptosis inhibitory protein (NAIP)-like immunoreactivity in 33 brains of adult patients with Down syndrome. J Neural Transm Suppl 1999; 57:283–291. 40. Gervais FG, Xu D, Robertson GS et al. Involvement of caspases in proteolytic cleavage of Alzheimer’s amyloid-beta precursor protein and amyloidogenic A beta peptide formation. Cell 1999; 97:395–406. 41. Anderson AJ, Pike CJ, Cotman CW. Differential induction of immediate early gene proteins in cultured neurons by beta-amyloid (A beta): association of c-Jun with A betainduced apoptosis.