By Howard M. Fillit MD, Kenneth Rockwood MD FRCPC FRCP, John B Young MBBS(Hons) FRCP
The prime reference within the box of geriatric care, Brocklehurst’s Textbook of Geriatric medication and Gerontology, eighth Edition, through Drs. Howard M. Fillit, Kenneth Rockwood, and John B. younger, presents a modern, worldwide perspective on issues of value to today’s gerontologists, inner medication physicians, and kin medical professionals. An elevated specialize in frailty, in addition to assurance of key concerns in gerontology, disease-specific geriatrics, and complicated syndromes particular to the aged, makes this eighth version the reference you’ll flip to which will meet the original demanding situations posed by means of this becoming sufferer population.
- Consistent discussions of scientific manifestations, prognosis, prevention, therapy, and extra make reference fast and easy.
- More than 250 figures, together with algorithms, pictures, and tables, supplement the textual content and assist you locate what you would like on a given condition.
- Clinical relevance of the most recent clinical findings is helping you simply observe the fabric to daily practice.
- A new bankruptcy on frailty , plus an emphasis on frailty through the book, addresses the complicated clinical and social concerns that impact care, and the categorical wisdom and talents crucial for assembly your sufferers’ complicated wishes.
- New content material brings you as much as date with details on gerontechnology, emergency and pre-hospital care, HIV and getting older, extensive therapy of older adults, telemedicine, the outfitted atmosphere, and transcultural geriatrics.
- New editor Professor John Young brings a clean point of view and precise services to this edition.
Read Online or Download Brocklehurst’s Textbook of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology PDF
Similar geriatrics books
Individuals are residing longer, and the elder inhabitants is becoming better. to satisfy the continuing desire for caliber info on elder well-being, this publication combines a number of views to supply readers a extra actual and whole photo of the getting older procedure. The publication takes a biopsychosocial method of the complexities of its topic, and all chapters and entries contain references and source lists.
''Providing a realistic, updated reference in Geriatric medication, Hospitalists' advisor to the Care of Older sufferers is the 1st e-book written in particular for hospitalists who want concise, evidence-based details at the important subject of taking good care of older hospitalized sufferers. This groundbreaking textual content covers the care of older sufferers, their wishes and vulnerabilities, and the present health center perform surroundings.
Provided the publication prize for 2012 via the Australasian magazine on growing old! even if he’s gray round the muzzle, the black puppy of melancholy can nonetheless carry a ferocious chew. melancholy can strike at any age, and it can seem for the 1st time as we grow old, due to lifestyles conditions or our genetic make-up.
This article ways the care of dementia sufferers through the adventure of a psychiatrist in addition to a caregiver, providing a holistic method of care that's in contrast to the other publication available in the market. Laced along with her reports from either her specialist and private existence, Huffington put up columnist and psychiatrist Dr.
- Generation 50 plus: Ratgeber fur Menschen in den besten Jahren
- Rosenbloom & Morgan's Vision and Aging
- Life in the Middle. Psychological and Social Development in Middle Age
- Healthcare Sensor Networks : Challenges Toward Practical Implementation
- Case Presentations in Heart Disease
- New Directions in Aging Research: Health and Cognition
Additional resources for Brocklehurst’s Textbook of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology
Blodgett J, Theou O, Kirkland S, et al: The association between sedentary behaviour, moderate-vigorous physical activity and frailty in NHANES cohorts. Maturitas 80:187–191, 2015. 40. Cawthon PM, Marshall LM, Michael Y, et al: Frailty in older men: prevalence, progression and relationship with mortality. J Am Geriatr Soc 55:1216–1223, 2007. 41. Ensrud KE, Ewing SK, Taylor BC, et al: Frailty and risk of falls, fracture and mortality in older women: the study of osteoporotic fractures. J Gerontol A Biol Med Sci 62:744–751, 2007.
Int J Epidemiol 40:1056–1067, 2011. 22. Moe JO, Hagen TP: Trends and variation in mild disability and functional limitations among older adults in Norway, 1986-2008. Eur J Ageing 8:49–61, 2011. 23. Heikkinen E, Kauppinen M, Rantanen T, et al: Cohort differences in health, functioning and physical activity in the young-old Finnish population. Aging Clin Exp Res 23:126–134, 2011. 24. Sarkeala T, Nummi T, Vuorisalmi M, et al: Disability trends among nonagenarians in 2001-2007: Vitality 90+ Study. Eur J Ageing 8:87– 94, 2011.
Palliat Med 22:248–255, 2008. 2 3 The Future of Old Age Caleb E. Finch, Edward L. Schneider Biogerontology, the field of biologic aging research, is the final biomedical research frontier. The sequencing of the human genome and advancements in molecular technology have provided enormous potential for regenerative medicine. , hip joints, arterial transplants) will continue to grow. Even 30 years ago, little could be done to treat cataracts, but now lens replacements are routine surgical procedures.