By Mario Maj, Norman Sartorius
Dementia is most often linked to getting older and is, at the moment, under-diagnosed and under-represented worldwide. Discrepancies within the diagnostic systems and healing interventions applied within the a number of scientific contexts are major and as a result, the necessity for a assessment of the at the moment on hand examine facts and a dialogue of other medical practices is urgently wanted. This ebook presents a far wanted assessment of the diagnostic tactics and the implementations of healing interventions.
* presents accompanying commentaries by means of an excellent line up of contributors
* Covers advancements in prognosis, treatment, analysis, fiscal review and caliber improvement
* offers an independent and trustworthy reference element
Read Online or Download Dementia PDF
Best geriatrics books
Individuals are residing longer, and the elder inhabitants is turning out to be greater. to satisfy the continued want for caliber info on elder well-being, this e-book combines a number of views to supply readers a extra exact and whole photograph of the getting older approach. The ebook takes a biopsychosocial method of the complexities of its topic, and all chapters and entries comprise references and source lists.
''Providing a realistic, up to date reference in Geriatric medication, Hospitalists' consultant to the Care of Older sufferers is the 1st e-book written in particular for hospitalists who want concise, evidence-based info at the very important subject of taking care of older hospitalized sufferers. This groundbreaking textual content covers the care of older sufferers, their wishes and vulnerabilities, and the present clinic perform atmosphere.
Presented the ebook prize for 2012 through the Australasian magazine on ageing! even if he’s gray round the muzzle, the black puppy of melancholy can nonetheless carry a ferocious chew. melancholy can strike at any age, and it could actually look for the 1st time as we grow old, due to existence conditions or our genetic make-up.
This article ways the care of dementia sufferers through the adventure of a psychiatrist in addition to a caregiver, providing a holistic method of care that's in contrast to the other publication available in the market. Laced along with her stories from either her expert and private lifestyles, Huffington put up columnist and psychiatrist Dr.
- The Anti-Aging Plan: Strategies and Recipes for Extending Your Healthy Years
- New Directions in Geriatric Medicine: Concepts, Trends, and Evidence-Based Practice
- Atlas of Skin Cancers: Practical Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment
- Personality in adulthood: a five-factor theory perspective
- A Practical Guide to Heart Failure in Older People
Additional info for Dementia
Am. Neurol. , 106: 306±308. , Hofman A. (1991) Risk factors for Alzheimer's disease: a collaborative re-analysis of case-control studies. Int. J. , 20 (Suppl. 2). A. et al (1991) Familial aggregation of Alzheimer's disease and related disorders: a collaborative reanalysis of case-control studies. Int. J. , 20: S13±S20. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. DEFINITION AND EPIDEMIOLOGY: A REVIEW 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. 64. 65. 66. 67. 68. 69. 70. 71. L.
Arch. Psychiatry Neurol. , 240: 218±222. , Wergowske G. et al (1996) Prevalence of dementia in older Japanese-American men in Hawaii. JAMA, 276: 955±960. , Hasegawa K. (2000) Epidemiology of vascular dementia in Japan. In Cerebral Vascular Disease and Dementia: Pathology, Neuropsychiatry and Management (Eds E. Chiu, L. Gustafson, D. Ames, M. Folstein), pp. 33±46, Dunitz, London. , Nakane Y. (1999) Dementia: further evidence of westernization of dementia prevalence in Nagasaki, Japan, and family recognition.
65. 66. 67. 68. 69. 70. 71. L. et al (1996) Risk of dementia among relatives of Alzheimer's disease patients in the MIRAGE study: what is in store for the oldest old? Neurology, 46: 641±650. , Silverman W. (1996) Prevalence of dementia in adults with and without Down syndrome. Am. J. Ment. , 100: 403±412. S. (1996) Recent advances in the genetics of Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia with an emphasis on gene±environmental interactions. J. Am. Geriatr. , 44: 1242±1250. M. (1997) Effects of age, sex, and ethnicity on the association between apolipoprotein E genotype and Alzheimer disease.