By Michael Strong, Andrew Kertesz
Dementia and Motor Neuron illness is a unmarried authoritative reference at the present realizing of frontotemporal dementia in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). This entire paintings is perfect for medical and study teams concentrating on dementia or ALS, in addition to these operating within the fields of neuroimaging and neuropsychology.
Key subject matters coated include:
• Frontotemporal dementia, together with historical past, anatomy and impairment
• medical phenomenology and treatment
• Neuropathological, cognitive disorder and changed cognition spectrums
• Molecular and mobile neuropathology
With contributions from overseas opinion leaders in dementia and motor neuron disorder, this can be a unique reference for verified clinicians and researchers, in addition to graduate scholars learning neurodegeneration.
Read Online or Download Dementia and Motor Neuron Disease PDF
Best geriatrics books
Everyone is residing longer, and the elder inhabitants is transforming into greater. to satisfy the continued desire for caliber info on elder healthiness, this publication combines a number of views to supply readers a extra actual and entire photograph of the getting older technique. The booklet takes a biopsychosocial method of the complexities of its topic, and all chapters and entries contain references and source lists.
''Providing a realistic, up to date reference in Geriatric drugs, Hospitalists' advisor to the Care of Older sufferers is the 1st booklet written particularly for hospitalists who want concise, evidence-based info at the important subject of taking good care of older hospitalized sufferers. This groundbreaking textual content covers the care of older sufferers, their wishes and vulnerabilities, and the present health facility perform atmosphere.
Presented the ebook prize for 2012 by way of the Australasian magazine on getting older! even if he’s gray round the muzzle, the black puppy of melancholy can nonetheless convey a ferocious chunk. melancholy can strike at any age, and it might seem for the 1st time as we become older, because of existence conditions or our genetic make-up.
This article ways the care of dementia sufferers through the adventure of a psychiatrist in addition to a caregiver, supplying a holistic method of care that's not like the other e-book available in the market. Laced together with her stories from either her expert and private existence, Huffington submit columnist and psychiatrist Dr.
- Hormones, Gender and the Aging Brain: The Endocrine Basis of Geriatric Psychiatry
- Oxford Handbook of Geriatric Medicine (2nd Edition) (Oxford Medical Handbooks)
- Disaster Preparedness for Seniors: A Comprehensive Guide for Healthcare Professionals
- Active Ageing, Active Learning: Issues and Challenges
- Ageing: Lessons from C. elegans
Additional resources for Dementia and Motor Neuron Disease
50. Lendon CL, Lynch T, Norton J, et al. Hereditary dysphasic disinhibition dementia: a frontotemporal dementia linked to 17q21-22. Neurology 1998; 50:1546–55. 51. Petersen RB, Tabaton M, Chen SG, et al. Familial progressive subcortical gliosis: presence of prions and linkage to chromosome 17. Neurology 1995; 45:1062–7. 02-chap02-cpp 13/6/06 1:09 pm Page 19 FRONTOTEMPORAL DEMENTIA – CURRENT CONCEPTS 19 52. Goedert M, Spillantini MG, Crowther RA, et al. Tau gene mutation in familial progressive subcortical gliosis.
101. Forman MS, Zhukareva V, Bergeron C, et al. Signature tau neuropathology in gray and white matter of corticobasal degeneration. Am J Pathol 2002; 160:2045–53. 102. Rosso SM, Donker KL, Baks T, et al. Frontotemporal dementia in The Netherlands: patient characteristics and prevalence estimates from a population-based study. Brain 2003; 126:2016–22. 103. Hodges JR, Miller B. The neuropsychology of frontal variant frontotemporal dementia and semantic dementia. Introduction to the special topic papers: Part II.
JAMA 2001; 286:2324–6. Kraemer BC, Zhang B, Leverenz JB, et al. Neurodegeneration and defective neurotransmission in a Caenorhabditis elegans model of tauopathy. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2003; 100:9980–5. Fortini ME, Bonini NM. Modeling human neurodegenerative diseases in Drosophila: on a wing and a prayer. Trends Genet 2000; 16:161–7. 02-chap02-cpp 13/6/06 1:09 pm Page 20 20 DEMENTIA AND MOTOR NEURON DISEASE 83. Lewis J, McGowan E, Rockwood J, et al. Neurofibrillary tangles, amyotrophy and progressive motor disturbance in mice expressing mutant (P301L) tau protein.